Reduce Stress & Pain Fast with our personalized Chiropractic Care
Will I have to go to the Chiropractor forever if I go now?
No! In fact the focus is on making you functional, pain free and back to your life as soon as possible. In your first visit with your Chiropractic Physician, you'll go through a health history, physical exam followed by an explanation of what we think is the best course of care for you.
The entire goal is to get you back into shape & health in as short a time as possible and with you following the treatment plan including coming in for your treatment visits, doing your home exercises and maintaining the Chiropractic dose as recommended - you'll be back into your life PAINFREE in no time.
Who are the Chiropractors at Sonie Clinic?
At Sonie Clinic our Chiropractic physicians - Dr.Sonie, Dr.Jamie & Dr.Neera – practice a drug-free, hands-on approach to reducing stress & pain. Each patient is unique and so are each of our treatment plans. Each doctor creates treatment plans based upon patient examination & diagnosis. We have extremely sensitive diagnostic skills and are highly trained to refer within our office for therapeutic and rehabilitative exercises, as well as to provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counseling.
What exactly do Chiropractors do?
Chiropractic treatment focuses on disorders of the muscles, skeleton and the nervous system. We focus on tracing the path of how these issues can lead to overall changes in your health. Chiropractic care treats back pain, neck pain, pain in the joints of the arms or legs, migraines, headaches and many other conditions.
Should I see a Chiropractor?
Chiropractors are well known for their ability to diagnose and treat patients whose health problems are associated with the body's muscular, nervous, and skeletal systems, especially the spine. We also offer more conservative drug-free treatment options for a wide variety of common conditions including weight and digestion problems, high blood pressure, jaw pain, high cholesterol, extremity problems, sinusitis, ear infections, and others.
THE SONIE CLINIC takes an approach to health care that is holistic, understanding your goals and health concerns. We recognize that there are many factors that can affect one's health including but not limited to: exercise, diet, rest, environment, and genetics.
What Should I Expect on my First Visit?
Your initial visit is slightly longer than your follow up visits.
When you come in:
- When you come in you'll be asked to fill out a "new patient packet"
- You'll receive a "new patient welcome packet" which has complete information about our office, services and staff
- We take about 20-30 minutes to get a complete view of your health history
- After reviewing your intake paperwork, the doctor will meet with you to discuss the history of your current problem, as well as any ongoing health issues you may have.
- During this time you will be asked give specific details about the nature, duration, and effects on life activities of these health complaints. The doctor will also explore your family health history and lifestyle choices that may be relevant to your current, or future health.
- The physical examination performed by the doctor varies depending on the nature of the complaint. It is custom tailored to fit the complaint, but often includes general health, neurological, and orthopedic examinations. You may be referred for laboratory tests, X-rays, or other diagnostic imaging, if indicated. Chiropractors also employ specialized postural, spinal, and biomechanical analyses that are unique to chiropractic diagnosis.
- In cases where difficulties can be traced to involvement of neuromusculoskeletal structures, and it is deemed appropriate, your chiropractic physician may apply a chiropractic adjustment to the affected area
- Therapeutic massage techniques, cold and heat therapy, cold laser and therapeutic exercise are also commonly employed.
- Counseled about wellness concepts such as nutrition, exercise, lifestyle changes, and stress management.
Kids & Chiropractic
I wonder if my kids should see a Chiropractor?
During the first years of life, our kids bodies are subject to many stresses, starting with the birth process itself. In the process of learning to sit, stand, walk, and run, children experience many falls that can create aches and pains!
These aches and pains may interfere with the proper development of your child's spine and the functioning of his/her nervous systems. Our nervous system controls
- immune function
We will have these imbalances corrected and have your kids back to being kids!
How many times will my kids need to come in?
- Children respond super fast to chiropractic care!
- Kids are very resilient because they simply have not had the problems as long
- Once the original condition has been resolved, no further treatment is required. However, most people can benefit from occasional adjustments—and this is particularly true of children, with their rough-and-tumble play and their growing bodies
- You may choose to continue with periodic preventative care for your children, just as you send them to a dentist to protect their smiles.