What is Acupuncture all about?
Acupuncture is based on the principle that there are energetic pathways, or channels, throughout the body that influence internal organs and structures. Energy from these pathways surfaces at various points on the body, identified as acupuncture points. Each of these acupuncture points serves as a tunnel, or access route, to the deeper circulatory channels within. Extremely fine gauge needles are inserted at selected points, stimulating these points and thereby activating the body's natural healing abilities.
What is Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a gentle, safe and effective system of health care with a continuous clinical tradition dating back to over 3,000 years. It includes:
- herbal treatment
- dietary therapy.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is the largest healthcare system utilized in the world today, with increasing popularity in the U.S. It is a complete system in itself, and is complementary to Western medicine.
How can Traditional Chinese Medicine help me?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is based on the recognition of the vital energy, or "Qi" in all life forms and processes. Qi is circulated and carried throughout the body in specific pathways, which communicate with surface points of the body at specific locations called acupuncture points.
Disease arises when there is an imbalance of Qi within the body, impairing the functioning of the internal organ systems. At Sonie Clinic, acclaimed as one of the best acupuncture therapies in San Jose, your Acupuncturist Diana Iong, L.Ac., will take your pulse and tongue examination, and combine these findings with other signs and symptoms to create a composite diagnosis and then formulates a unique treatment plan to bring the patient's body and mind back to a balanced state of health.
What can I expect if I am treated with Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Acupuncture and herbal treatment can alleviate many conditions rapidly in many patients. Some conditions which have arisen over a course of years may be relieved only with slow, steady progress. As in many forms of healing, each patient has a unique rate of response and the attitude, diet and lifestyle of the person will play a key role in the outcome of a course of treatment. Traditional Chinese Medicine empowers the natural healing process to take place in the patient by enhancing the immune system and overall well-being that are essential in maintaining the body strong in its resistance to disease.
The alarming rate of obesity could be brought down by specialties as acupuncture for weight loss. Here the massages aim at barring cravings, and thereby inducing balanced appetites.
What can Traditional Chinese Medicine treat?
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine are recognized by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the National Institute of Health (NIH) to be effective in the treatment of a wide variety of commonly encountered clinical disorders, including:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Disorders of the muscles, bones, joints and nervous system
- Headaches and migraine headaches
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Pain in the neck, shoulder and lower back
- Respiratory Disorders such as asthma, sinusitis, emphysema and bronchitis
- Gynecological Disorders including menstruation (PMS) or menopausal symptoms, morning sickness and infertility in women and men.
- The alarming rate of obesity could be brought down by specialties as acupuncture for weight loss. Here the massages aim at barring cravings, and thereby inducing balanced appetites.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders including food allergies, constipation, chronic diarrhea, reflux, gastrointestinal weakness and gastritis.
- Addictions to alcohol, drugs and smoking
- It is safe, effective and has virtually no side effects.
- It treats the whole person, not the disease.
- It uses the body's natural healing processes to effect relief.
- It successfully treats many health issues which may not be addressed by Western medical practitioners.
- It empowers people, returning them to the responsibility & control of their own bodies and health care.
- It Works!
Diana Iong, L.Ac.